One of the options when creating a new campaign is to add leads to it by uploading a CSV.
Depending on where you get your file from, it may contain multiple data points, but for the purposes of uploading leads to a campaign, all you need in the file is Linkedin profile URLs. Upon uploading the file, Alfred will gather all the Linkedin profiles URLs and begin a verification process in order to retrieve up-to-date personal information from their profile such as name, company, location, etc.
In order for Alfred to validate your CSV file easily, you need to add the LinkedIn profile url always in the A column or first column. Uploading a file with other data such as First name, Last name, Company name, Website URLs, etc. can be used for personalization purposes.
Please know that there are two ways to do the personalize or select the snippets from the sequence located at the top right of your message box. It's up to your selected snippets if it's from LinkedIn or from CSV to use for personalization.
Data you can see or available to your Personalize tab are the details added from your CSV file. Whatever you added in your CSV will be available to use for personalization with your campaign sequences.
Important to note: CSV will depend on your locale information, you can change the semicolons for commas like this:
Option 1: Use notepad or Wordpad to update the list separator to a comma.
1. Right-click on the file. Select Open with Notepad or Wordpad.
2. Click the Edit menu. Select Replace.
3. Enter a semicolon ';' into the Find what box.
4. Enter a comma ',' into the Replace with box.
5. Click the Replace all button.
6. Close the Replace window.
7. Save the file as a .csv.
Option 2: If you're on a Windows computer, you can skip using the notepad and instead set the default list separator symbol in the Regional Settings to a comma.
1. Click the Start menu.
2. Click on the Control panel.
3. Click on "Clock and Region"
4. Click "Change date, time, or number formats."
5. Click "Additional settings"
6. On the List separator (:) change it to Comma (,) and hit Ok.
7. If you are prompted to restart the computer, do so.
Please note that if you added leads with another or different CSV file, the format of the previous file you used MUST be the same format when you added more leads to your existing campaign. The snippets from CSV will always follow the format of the 1st CSV file you import.